Our customer care team is here to help you from 6am to midnight everyday. If you experience any problem with your service, we will resolve it within two hours if it can be fixed remotely, and within 24 hours if we need to visit you to sort it out.
However, there are many issues you can sort yourself, so before you call us, check out the information below, and you may find the answer to your problem in a few seconds.
1. Where can I find an UKO poa hotspot?
You can find UKO poa hotspots anywhere in the areas in purple on our network map
2. How can I find an UKO poa hotspot?
Turn on Wi-Fi on your device. Check the available Wi-Fi networks. If you see UKO_POA, the service is available.
3. What do I need to connect to an UKO poa hotspot?
A WiFi-capable device (phone or tablet), and an UKO poa account. Your account is created during registration on the UKO poa app, which you can download.
4. How do I connect to the UKO POA network?
You can connect using the UKO poa app, or through the landing page that pops up when you connect through the Wi-Fi menu on your device. A pop-up will appear asking for your account details. If you accidentally swipe this away, open your web browser and type in any web address, such as "www.google.com", and you will be redirected to the Wi-Fi landing page.
5. What data plans do you have on UKO poa?
We do not have data plans, we have time plans!
We currently have four time plans offering unlimited internet - there are no caps on data usage in the time bought:
- Sh 10 for an hour
- Sh50 for a day
- Sh350 for a week
- Sh1500 for a month
6. How do I buy a time plan?
- Go to your MPESA menu and select Lipa na MPESA
- Select Buy Goods and Services
- Enter the till number 311554
- Enter your MPESA phone number then enter your PIN
- Confirm the purchase
- You will get a notification asking you if you would like to pay to Poa Internet Kenya Ltd. Let the message expire or press Cancel
- You will receive a text message confirming your purchase
- You can now access unlimited internet on your mobile device for the duration of the time plan!
7. Can I connect more than one device using the same account?
Yes. You can connect different devices on your account, but not at the same time. You will have to log out one device and log in with another one.
8. Do I need to log into my UKO poa account every time I want to access the internet?
If you are a public user, you need to log in every time you connect to the internet through the UKO poa wireless pop up page, or to enter your UKO poa app.
9. How do I disconnect from an UKO poa hotspot?
To disconnect from a UKO_POA hotspot, switch off the Wi-Fi on your device, or select another wireless network to connect to in your Wi-Fi settings.
10. Is the UKO poa log in secure?
Yes. Our log in process is SSL-secured. SSL (Secure Socket Layer) was developed in order to send confidential data over the internet securely. The system ensures that the data cannot be read or manipulated by other people during transmission.
11. Can anyone else read the data on my hard drive while connected to a UKO poa hotspot?
No. The authentication process between your laptop, smartphone, or tablet and the login page is secured via SSL encryption. All data is transmitted in encrypted format.
12. I’m connected to a hotspot on my UKO poa app, but I can’t get access to the internet. What can I do?
Disconnect from the signal, delete your browser history, close all the windows, then connect again to the signal. You can also try using a different browser.
13. What happens if I uninstall my UKO poa app?
If you uninstall the app accidentally, simply reinstall it and get connected again!
14. Can I use the UKO poa Wi-Fi app for my laptop?
The app is only for mobile devices and operates on Android devices.
15. How can I check my UKO poa account and balance in the app?
When you log into the app, your current balance will be displayed on the home page. You can also go to the main menu (the three horizontal lines icon), click on My earnings and you will see your account balance, including any credits earned from referring your friends to UKO poa.